The Vista Unified School District and the Vista Teachers Association reached a tentative agreement on Monday, November 30, 2015 regarding Salary, Benefits, and Work Year. The Tentative Agreement has been ratified by the VTA membership and it will next be presented to the Board of Trustees for approval at the December 10, 2015 School Board Meeting.
Details about the Agreement include:
- A Two-Year Agreement with no contract re-openers for 2016/2017
- A 6% salary increase retroactive to July 1, 2015
- 2 additional instructional days will be added to the work year in 2016/2017, increasing the instruction for students from 180 to 182 days. A corresponding increase of 1.09% will be added to the Salary Schedule effective July 1, 2016 in consideration for the increased work year.
- Contingency language for 2016/2017 that may result in a salary increase
- An increase of $300 in the benefits cap from $10,800 to $11,100 effective July 1, 2016
- Moving highly-qualified ROP/CTE teachers to the Salary Schedule from the Hourly Schedule
- An increase in transferable service credit from 6 years to 10 years to attract and retain experienced educators. Current eligible employees who missed out on this benefit between 2005 and 2015 will be placed on the adjusted step as if this language had been applicable at the time of their hire.